Could your furry family member benefit from natural pain relief?
Acupuncture is an excellent tool for helping animals live more comfortable lives. Best of all, it’s all natural so there’s no risk of harmful side effects that pharmaceuticals can sometimes cause. This makes it particularly favorable for elderly pets or those who cannot tolerate medication.
Luv-N-Care Animal Hospital is pleased to include veterinary acupuncture as one of our alternative therapy services.
What is veterinary acupuncture?
Acupuncture operates under the theory that when the body’s natural energy source becomes disrupted, pain and sickness can result. To address this without medication, special acupuncture needles are inserted into specific points along the body, causing a cellular response in the targeted area. This restores the body’s natural energy, thereby promoting healing and alleviating pain.
What conditions can be treated through acupuncture?
Acupuncture can be used to treat a broad spectrum of health problems. It can also be used to boost the immune system and promote ongoing wellness. Some of the many ailments that can be treated with acupuncture include:
- Musculoskeletal problems: muscle soreness, back pain, osteoarthritis, degenerative joint disease
- Neurological disorders: seizures, intervertebral disc disease (IVDD), laryngeal paralysis
- Gastrointestinal disorders: diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, impaction
- Other chronic conditions: skin problems, asthma, kidney failure, Cushing’s disease, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, geriatric weakness, etc.
- Quality of life, cancer, and hospice care
What are the physiologic effects induced by acupuncture?
Studies have shown that veterinary acupuncture stimulation induces the following effects:
- Pain relief
- Promotion of tissue healing processes
- Regulation of gastrointestinal motility
- Anti-inflammatory effects
- Hormone and reproductive regulation
- Antifebrile effects
How many treatments will my pet need?
The results of acupuncture can sometimes be seen after only a few sessions. Every patient is different, however. The specific condition, its severity and several other factors will help our doctors determine how many treatments will be needed. Once your pet has been properly evaluated, we’ll provide you with an individualized treatment recommendation.
If your pet is struggling with pain or mobility issues or could just use a little more balance, acupuncture could be the ideal solution. Contact Luv-N-Care Animal Hospital today to learn more or schedule a consultation.
Luv-N-Care Animal Hospital
1482 N Ronald Reagan Blvd
Longwood, FL 32750
Also serving Orlando, FL and surrounding areas.
Monday: 7:30am – 7:00pm
Tues-Thurs: 7:30am – 6:00pm
Friday: 7:30am – 7:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am – 4:00pm